We are looking for an experienced Tester for a 12+ month period.
Project Duration: 1 year - with possible extension
Project Location: London, UK
Job Title: Tester Level 4
Pay Range: Competitive
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Definition of the test approach and ensuring its successful implementation; Identification and definition of the required tests
- Monitoring of detailed testing progress and results in each test cycle
- Evaluation of the overall quality experienced as a result of testing activities
- Identification of the appropriate techniques, tools and guidelines to implement the required tests
- Provision of guidance on the corresponding resource requirements for the test effort
- Creation of the verification and validation plan
- Creation of the test plan (including estimating and resource scheduling)
- Creation of the test scripts based on test design techniques
- Identification and preparation of test data
- Implementation of tests
- Automation of tests
- Execution of tests
- Management of issue workflow
- Analysis of test failure
- Preparation of test reports
- Preparation of validation reports
- Assist in identifying suitable test resource requirements
- Knowledge in IT Service Management and/or Risk frameworks, and/or international standards
- Communication abilities
- o Receive and understand instructions
- o Deliver messages clearly, including via formal presentations
- Time management capabilities
- o Ability to monitor progress against plan
- o Ability to recognise the need to escalate issues as they become apparent
- Supervisory experience is expected
- Leadership capabilities are desirable
- Expertise in one or more of the following domains
- System testing (functional and non-functional testing)
- Integration testing
- Performance testing
- Automation testing
- Security testing
- Data testing (migration, ETL, analytical reporting)
- Ability to use the testing tools and methodologies as specified in the service request.
- Experience with CASE tools.
- Experience in managing the testing of complex systems with many integration points.
- Experience in interacting with extra-muros teams
- Experience in reviewing test artefacts and specifications
- Managerial experience.
- Relevant professional qualifications (e.g. ISTQB Certified Advanced or Expert Tester) are desirable.
CTG has strict internal security controls over the use and dissemination of personal data of all applicants. CTG internal business processes mean that your personal information may be shared outside of the UK within CTG.